Splints are a key part of the healing process for any fractured or injured limb during an emergency.
The versatile splint is able to immobilize bones and prevent further tissue damage until you get proper medical attention. The splint becomes rigid and supportive for fractured or injured limbs by shaping it into a simple C, W or T- shaped curve. The splint also reduces pain by assisting in joint stability and preventing further deformity.
- EASY TO USE: The Compact Universal Splint can be used to splint every bone in the human body. The splint is extremely moldable and adaptable, as well as soft enough to cut with ordinary household scissors to fit any size. The material allows for a contoured and customized fit with improved comfort for the patient and fastens in place with tape or wrap.
- CLEAN AND COMFORT: The Compact Universal Splint is made out of malleable, closed-pore polyurethane foam that has been proven to provide both comfort and effective reinforcement. It has been selected for its "cleanability" as it promotes effective cleaning making it safe for direct contact with skin. It is made of eco-friendly material without any stimulative smells. The foam has skin-friendly characteristic and can be touched with human skin directly.
- HEAVY DUTY: The Splint is built with high-end, ultra-thin core of aluminum alloy, compressed between dermatologically safe foam, that makes it pliable but extremely strong and rigid once bent into a simple curve. It is not affected by ambient temperature extremes or altitude. It even works underwater!
- REUSABLE AND LONG-LASTING: It can be easily cleaned with antiseptic soap and water or with almost any cleaning solution. It is soft enough to cut with ordinary household scissors so you can cut and reuse it for any bone in the body that can be splinted.
- VERSATILE: In a survival situation, the Compact Universal Splint can be modified into everything from a flame guard, insulator, head bead, head or foot guard, emergency sandal, canoe or snow paddle, or device protector. The splint can also be used for your injured pets and animals.
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS:
- Compact, portable and lightweight: Easily rolled or folded for storage
- Can be doubled if it is too long
- Radiolucent (does not have to be removed for X-rays)
- Will not puncture
- Latex free
- 24” x 4.25”